Sunday, December 25, 2011
look at these adorable owl slippers i got! for such a long time i've been telling my parents about how i really want a pair of slippers that cover the back of my feet, and that is exactly what i got! i'm absolutely in love with these, they're from urban outfitters and they come in a lot of different sizes & i think they may come in different designs. just thought i'd quickly share a picture of these and tell you all how in love with them i am! haven't been inspired by much lately, so sorry for the lack of posting... happy holidays darlings!! xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 4:07 PM
Monday, December 19, 2011
i know this isn't a fashion post but when i saw this photo on my dashboard i knew that i had to post it... not only am i totally inspired by the picture, but i relate to it so much. i frequently am getting caught for day dreaming, or asking people to repeat what they had just said because i only listen to half because i get distracted in my own thoughts. i am clearly one who is stuck inside my own head, i over think pretty much everything, and sometimes i really do feel like i'm completely out of touch with reality. just thought i'd let you all get a glimpse into my own head xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 4:03 PM
Sunday, December 18, 2011
it's pretty clear that there is an ongoing trend of the way i dress. if you can't see it, i clearly dress for comfort. leggings being the only bottom i ever wear, and soft sweaters/long sleeves. this winter is no exception, you will definitely find me in one of these outfits, leggings, a sweater and an infinity scarf. especially loving the all black outfit with the bright blue scarf; having the pop of color on your neck brings a lot of attention to your face and i think that's where the attention should always be! that's pretty much all i have to say... i love winter & i love sweaters.. xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 7:47 PM
Saturday, December 17, 2011
(images from tumblr)
not much to say about these boots besides the fact that i'm absolutely so in love with them that it's ridiculous. from the first second that i saw these on tumblr i knew that i was going to be in love. i think i've reblogged each one of these photos two or three times; i just can't help it, they're so beautiful! so yea that's all, love the studs and the basic black boot.... especially love how you can wear em so many different ways!! xxx
ps. im finally on winter break, so i'm going to try to make at least one post everyday, and try and get on top of my blogspot posting :-)
Posted by apa-thetic at 11:43 PM
Friday, December 16, 2011
(images from amazemint.tumblr.com)
i'm sire you've all seen this beautiful blonde girl all over tumblr. well her name is victoria torngren, and she is a beautiful model. not much for me to say about her but she is so beautiful, and i love the basic yet so beautiful aspect of her outfits. her body is perfect ahh just love her; so i had to make a post about her. much love xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 8:31 PM
Friday, December 9, 2011
(all photos from tumblr.com)
not too much to say about these collars except for that fact that i love all of them so much. i definitely do not think i could pull them off because they're not quite the way i dress, but if i could i totally would. especially in love with the first and the last one because i've never seen anything like them before and they're just so unique and beautiful! xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 3:46 PM
Thursday, December 8, 2011
(photos found from tumblr)
aside from the fact that these beds just look so comfortable and i want to dive into every single one and sleep for days in it, i thought i'd made a post about how important sleep is. i am a high school student, and much like many other high school students i do not get enough sleep during the school week, so i especially know how great sleep can feel. being a teenager myself i can totally relate with the idea that it's great to stay up till ungodly hours of the night (3am and later) just to stay up blog, talk to my friends, have sleepovers, or just stay up reading a great book! and what comes with the territory with staying up super late is waking up extraordinarily late as well. as fun as it is staying up late and waking up late, try going to bed a bit earlier (i'm not saying 10:30 but maybe try 1:30?) if you wake up at 11:30 you won't have lost the entire day and you will still have gotten 10 hours of sleep! don't forget that although you may not realize, it is extremely important for teenagers to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. we all know that during school days with all the extra curricular activities that probably isn't going to happen, but maybe something close to that is a goal that you should all set. you will wake up in the morning feeling more refreshed and ready for the next day, rather than drowning in the fact that you didn't sleep enough the night before.
on a beauty note; sleep is extremely for beauty. not sleeping enough is bad for your skin, and consecutive nights in a row without sleep will cause bags under the eyes. it is also important to give your body a decent amount of rest time so that for the next day it can prepare for whatever you have in store! sleep is time for your body to digest and process everything that has happened the previous day. the more tired you are, the slower your metabolism will be, and the slower everything you achieve to accomplish that day will be.
so, get to sleep a little earlier! you'll be thankful you did the next day.....
sleep tight lovelies xx
for other sleep tips and tricks, sleep style, dreamologists and more check out bedtimenetwork
Posted by apa-thetic at 6:29 PM
Saturday, December 3, 2011
(photos from tumblr.com & jakandjil.com)
loving the sophisticated look of these men. not only are they clean cut and handsome, but i really love the way they dress! i really like guys that dress preppy. i think it's a very simple and clean look, and in my opinion, i think it's a lot better than a guy that walks around with their jeans down to their ankles and some random graphic t. much more sophisticated and classy.. xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 7:32 PM
Sunday, November 27, 2011
(photos from tumblr.com and style.com)
seriously loving all these shoes right now. i can't go into depth about why i love each of these shoes because that list would go on for years. but i love how simple most of these are, yet how once you'd put them on they change an entire outfit. have you ever noticed that you could be wearing the most simple outfit, but if you throw on a pair of heels the entire outfit changes? i love that about heels. i love a great basic black heels that looks simple when you first glance down at it, but when you really look at them they're extremely complex yet totally adorable. especially loving the zippers on a few of these pairs of shoes, i think they're adorable. also loving the really thick wedge look when you can't see the heel. seriously loving that as well... xx
Posted by apa-thetic at 10:29 AM
Saturday, November 26, 2011
generally i like to post pictures and talk about how much i love/hate them, but i thought that it's important to post about my 'winter must haves' because winter is right around the corner, and we've gotta look fab even in the cold. this is absolute no order, all of these i think are extremely important to have during the winter season:
- two great moisturizing chapstick, one without color and one with. the cold weather and the harsh weather in the winer will dry out your lips, and of course a first response will be okay i'll just lick my lips and give them more moisture, but in fact all that will do is dry out your lips. so instead of licking those lips, reach into your pocket and take out a chapstick that will moisturize your lips and leave you some shine (even if it isn't a chapstick with color you'll get shine from it). i think that you should have both a colored chapstick and a noncolored one because, the colored will be good for nights that you go out to the movies or dinner with friends. it'll be like applying a lipgloss or a lipstick but it won't be as dry as a lipstick or as sticky as a lipgloss and it'll moisturize your lips while keeping you looking fabulous! for colored chapsticks my favorite are burt's bees , they also leave your lips feeling super minty which i love. for noncolored i love nivea or eos my lips feel so moisturized after i use both for hours. lol i could an advertisement for these companies...
- lotion, heaps and heaps of lotion. for the same reasons as the chapsticks, my skin always gets super dry during the winter and it annoys me so much, so every night after i shower i put lotion on my arms and legs to make sure they don't get dry. my favorite types of lotion for the winter are the really thick ones. i especially like shea butter and anything vanilla scented. i've got super sensitive skin so i use st. ives but there are so many different lotion companies, the best way to pick i think is find your favorite scent.
- oversized sweaters. i don't know about you, but in the morning during the winter when i get dressed all i want to do is wear my warmest clothing and be super comfortable, and not worry about like tight shirts and all that jazz. pretty much everyday i'll be wearing leggings an oversized sweater and either riding boots or my motorcycle boots. so for the winter i'd say find as many comfortable warm cozy sweaters that you can and wear them alllllllllll!
- along with your oversized sweater, find one pair of amazing short combat boots, and one pair of riding boots and stick with those all winter long. don't buy anything that's too bright of a color, stick to browns, grays and black, and occasionally an army green will be good, because then you can wear those boots all winter long. in my opinion it's better to spend a little more money on a pair or two of really well made boots and then next season you won't be buying boots again, so really in the long run you'll be saving money!
- scarves. i love infinity scarves especially because they are so cozy and you can make them either super long and drapey or you can wrap them a bunch of times and hide in the warmness. it's important to keep your neck warm because a lot of your heat is stored there, so definitely wear scarves. if you're anything like me and you feel trapped and claustrophobic in turtle necks, scarves are a perfect way to keep your neck warm while still looking cute and not suffocating yourself.
so yea, those are my top 5 winter must haves. have a warm and comfy winter everyone!!
Posted by apa-thetic at 1:12 PM
Thursday, November 24, 2011
the first outfit is the most dressed up of the three, although it isn't too dressy. the loose black sweater paired with the knit tight red skirt plays with accents. the red skirt is the only color in the outfit yet it won't be too overpowering because it does have some black design running through it. the heels are basic yet high and they make the outfit a bit more dressy.
the second outfit is almost the opposite of the first. it's a loose maroon sweater with a tight black skirt, so the eyes immediately go to the top instead of the bottom. then paired with a thick black pair of tights and a simple pair of low black and gray boots and a black infinity scarf. this outfit will be sure to keep you warm, while still looking appropriate and a bit more dressy.
the third outfit is something along the lines of what i'll be wearing for thanksgiving this year. the basic oversized sweater has some curve to it so it isn't just wearing a bag over your body. the cable design gives it some depth and is a very festive design often seen all throughout the fall and winter. then paired with a pair of black leggings, (of course) black combat boots with a little bit of a heel, and a few rings. this outfit is warm, comfortable and quite cute! you'll definitely see me wearing something like this because i like to be comfortable and not shifting around in skirts on thanksgiving while sitting at the table, but when walking around and talking to family i don't look like a slob and will be more presentable.
happy thanksgiving everyone! eat lots of great food, and say thanks to all the amazing joys that you have in your life... much love xxx
Posted by apa-thetic at 2:07 PM